• Getting "fit for funding"
• One-to-one funding advice
• Themed funding briefing sheets for members
• Funding application support for members
• Funding application reviews
• Community Fundraising Events, including Kings Langley and Berkhamsted Christmas Lights
This is a service commissioned by Dacorum Borough Council
At our Voluntary Sector Conference and Funding Fair, that we held in November, we spoke with Herts County Councillor, William Wyatt-Lowe, about the locality budgets.
Each councillor gets £10,000 a year to spend on local projects that promote the social, economic or environmental wellbeing of their local area.
Grants can be given for anything, as long as it's legal and doesn't go against a county council policy.
Councillors have given grants before for:
Non-profit community events
Councillor Wyatt-Lowe said he would like to share with the member's of Support4Dacorum, a breakdown of how these Locality Budgets have been spent for the last few years, to give you all an idea of the types of projects etc that these budgets can go towards.
If your organisation or community group would like to ask for a grant, you must get in touch with your local councillor and get their agreement before you apply.